Saturday, November 7, 2009

Maine


Maybe it's because I grew up in Southern California where leaves changing colors and falling down means that a windstorm has blown the dead, brown fronds off of the palm trees, but I love the colors of fall leaves.


I love the idea of taking a walk in a vibrantly colored landscape, splashing through dry pools of color as leaves eddy on the ground, blown from their lofty perches. Acadia National Park in Maine looks like such a gorgeous place to me.


Can you smell the autumn? Can you feel the sun's warm rays through the crisp air?

(And are you now ready for a mug of warm cider?)

3 comments:

  1. Ohhhhh, gorgeous! I've been mentally vacationing in another Maine destination lately... the town of Saco, right on the coast. So lovely. Yes, Maine is so great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That really is the perfect spot for this perfect time of year. You know, we have changing leaves here too - why don't you come PRETEND you are in Maine. I will even make you cidar.

    ReplyDelete